UGH!!!! So, I really hated this movie and now it's inexplicably sweeping all these awards for absolutely no reason that I can fathom. Someone please tell me, who actually likes this movie? Seriously. But that's what happened tonight, with the actors lining up entirely behind it, putting it in direct competition with The Shape of Water for Best Picture, as far as I can tell. All my hopes now lie with the preferential ballot and hopefully, the ensuing backlash that's going to happen between now and March, when the Oscars are held. That's what happened to La La Land last year after all. This IS still a definite race, it feels like it's between those two movies, and yet...come on, Get Out. If that takes the WGA, it's still in it. And who knows, maybe the Academy will throw a couple of curve balls in the nominations on Tuesday.
2018 SAG AWARD WINNERS:
- MALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
- FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Allison Janney, I, Tonya
- ENSEMBLE: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri